Sunday, June 7, 2020

Class News for the Week of June 8th

Updates: 

It was so wonderful to see so many of the students last week during pick-up! I've truly missed seeing them all in real life, and I am crossing my fingers and hoping we can return to some semblance of normal in August. 

Thank you all for your patience and perseverance through distance learning. I know this has not been easy for anyone, and though I don't know what has been happening in your individual households and families, if it's been anything like mine - I know it's been A LOT.

I'm so proud of the kids - flipping through the Gallery alone brings me joy to see so much kid power on display. I've truly enjoyed working with them this year. I hope the summer brings some relaxation for all of you. Be safe, take care of one another, and if there's any way I can be of assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Zoom meetings this week: 
  • Monday 11 am
  • Wednesday 11am. Charlie's grandfather will be joining us to discuss his experience living in an internment camp. I hope everyone can make this special opportunity!
  • Thursday 11am - Art (Zoom invite and materials list will be shared asap)
  • Friday 11:30 am - Class Party! Lunch and games on Zoom. Bring your favorite lunch, a few cookies or crackers to play the Cookie Face Game, and be ready for a Scavenger Hunt!
This Week:

This week's work is reduced to ELA/Science (combined) on SKIES, Enrichment: Dance on SKIES, and Math on Khan Academy. There is no new work on Khan. Students should -

1. Finish ACTIVE Assignments
2. Finish PAST Assignments
3. Retake Quizzes and Tests that have scores less than 90%.

4. All done with everything? Work on objectives that are under Course Mastery.

Work will only be assigned Monday through Thursday. Students should do their best to finish all work by Thursday at 3pm. There will be no assignments on Friday.

Gallery of Student Work:
 Check out the fantastic work your classmates have been doing! Feel free to leave POSITIVE feedback.  You may continue to post assignments here if you have not done so.